The trucker in the United States is not a job, it’s a lifestyle. Since the signing of President Eisenhower National Act on the construction of 66,000 kilometers of highways and roads in the United States in 1956, the profession of truckers remains one of the most popular, as well as one of the most highly paid professional drivers.
1. Each year in the US trucks carrying about 10 billion. Tons, worth more than $ 9 trillion. dollars. Today, everything is transported using trucks, without the American economy is going to die.
2. Across the road system in the United States provided special truck stop, which are always seen from afar, in such pit stops, drivers can get a full rest, go to the shower, and great food.
3. Today, specialized stops for truckers Bole 6000.
4. Most pit stops have service line, which is capable in a short time to repair the truck, by the way, do truckers truck called “rig”.
5. Of course, you do not change the engine, but without the problems of replacement wheels, oil, repair lost mirror or leaking fuel line will replace pads, and carry out other required repairs.
6. big logistics companies, such as UPS or Snyder, having in his stock hundreds of trucks, have their own brand large pit stops for the repair and maintenance of vehicles. In other cases, even the big companies use pit stops appearing on the roads.
7. Gas station for truckers separated from gas stations for cars. The reason is that, firstly, the fuel tanks are much larger trucks and trucks usually have two tanks of 300-500 liters. Trucks that operate in remote areas away from civilization, for example, oil may have 2 tanks and a capacity of 1,500 liters. Gas pumps such stations are very powerful, and the fuel pump is about 4 times faster than conventional pumps.
8. Secondly, the tanks are located on both sides of the truck, so column equipped with two hoses on both sides of the truck. Third, having a trailer length of 16 meters (53 feet), it is difficult to park on a normal refueling, so the entrance / exit to such a dispenser make wide and as much as possible, direct, which greatly facilitates the work of the drivers.
9. Why so much fuel? Laden “wagon” consumes 35-40 liters of fuel per 100 km.
10. By the way, an interesting point: the truck idling burns about 4 liters per hour, 1 hour of idling is equivalent to 10 kilometers, and all trucks in the United States consumes about 6 billion. Liters of fuel per year.
11. In addition to the special stops on all highways in the United States provide recreation areas, usually every 130-180 km. In such recreation areas with tables and benches are provided under the eaves, where you can snack vending sneakers, drinks and other stuff, toilets and even showers (but not always). On these grounds, drivers can warm up, check the machine and securing cargo.
12. All truckers are subject to regulation, as the Department of Transport, which sets the number of working hours and maximum speed.
13. Drivers are divided into two broad classes: vnutrishtatovskie – who travel exclusively within the boundaries of one state, never crossing the state line, and mezhshtatovskie, ie those that can be moved between the 49 states.
14. What is the difference? Mezhshtatovsky daily driver can be behind the wheel of 14 hours, after which it is obliged to stop and rest for 10 hours. And, 14 hours and 10 hours of rest can not be interrupted, i.e. you can not go for 2 hours, then 2 to rest, then go another 5 hours. As soon as the truck pulled out, 14 hours began ticking.